Saturday, November 14, 2009

Comic Cover

A few months ago I found out about a website called "Covered" where artist cover famous comic book covers in their own styles, needless to say, the 12 year old nerd inside me got very excited! Here are some examples...


Check out Aaron's work here.


Josh's work here.


And lastly, check out my good friend Jeff Heermann's work here...

The blog is run by artist Robert Goodin. I really wanted to cover a comic myself. After thinking about it for a week or so I decided to take on one of the most iconic comic covers of all time; the 1963 Jack Kirby classic, X-men number one. Here is my "cover" of that comic...


I got a lot of really nice comments that you can read here...

3 comments:

Leo McGovern said...

Hey Dan,

You've probably been asked this a million times since it's been posted on Covered, but is that art for sale?

Thanks!

Caveat Production said...

You're the first, but unfortunately I did this on digitally so there is no original version of this. But I'm flattered by your interest!

Dan

Leo McGovern said...

Hey Dan,

Thanks for the reply! Well, if you ever do any prints, let me know!

Thanks,

--Leo

eXTReMe Tracker