Sunday, June 01, 2008

This Weeks New Yorker Caption Contest

I'll be out of town with no access to a computer Sunday night so no New Yorker Caption Contest entry today! I'll be back Tuesday night an I'll have to post my entry then. In the meantime, here is an interesting article about the New Yorker Caption Contest Controversy!

Someone is calling out this drawing featured in the contest a few weeks ago as being a plagiarized take on this old Jack Kirby comic.

What do you think, plagiarism or parody?



As far as I'm concerned the second you change the scared guy in the window to a relaxed guy holding a glass of wine it becomes parody. I don't understand why this is even being argued, this kind of thing is done all the time. The Wayans brothers have made a career of it.

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker