Thursday, May 01, 2008

Fail!

Last week I found myself with an unexpected Friday off! I spent the day painting a picture for an auction I'm extremely excited to be participating in. Here's the line drawing with a wash from early in the day.It was wonderful spending this free day off, enjoying some unseasonably warm weather, listening to Drew and Mike and working on this painting, and when the day was done, I realizing, I had totally...FAILED!

The painting did not come out the way I'd hoped. It's not that it was awful, it's just that it came out amateurish, badly drawn, and with all my fear of color totally conformed. All that being said, later that night, I came up with a much better idea that is more in my safety range.
Sometimes you think you're doing good,and you just plain fail, and I think that's okay. You just have to regroup, and try something else. I wanted to share my failure in hopes it would at least inspire somebody out there to muster the effort to try again! I'll let you know how the new version comes out as soon as I can. Hopefully it won't suck, but if it does, maybe I'll try a third time.

No comments:

eXTReMe Tracker